- A minimum of 30 tornadoes were recorded in the six states of Arkansas, Illinois, Kentucky, Missouri, Mississippi and Tennessee.
- A total of more than 80 could be to be dead, including 70 in Kentucky according to local and state officials.
- The possibility of more severe weather is likely to continue throughout the weekend as the system shifts to the east.
- Follow the track of the storms here..
- Please click Here to find out how you can aid those affected by the storms.
Storms as well as severe weather hit various states on Friday night with many deaths, numerous injuries, and extensive damage to structures.
States affected include Illinois, Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee and Kentucky, where the governor stated that it’s “certain” over 70 persons have died. This number could even be 100, governor. Andy Beshear said Saturday morning.
The major incidents involved heavy destruction of an Amazon warehouse situated in Edwardsville, Illinois, where two dead people have been confirmed and hundreds of workers were reported trapped in the warehouse as well as the destruction of a nursing facility in Arkansas in which at least two people died and five others injured as per reports.
Family photos were blown by tornadoes over 150 miles from Kentucky to Indiana
From CNN’s Laura Studley
A family photo was transported over 150 miles, from Dawson Springs, Kentucky, to New Albany, Indiana, after the deadly tornadoes which claimed the lives of around 70 people living in Kentucky.
“It was nothing but a pile of rubble,” commissioner reminisces efforts to rescue the Kentucky candle factory
Graves County Commissioner Todd Hayden told CNN’s Pamela Brown the terrifying scenes from the Candle Factory located in Mayfield, Kentucky when he arrived to assist in the search for survivors on the night of Friday.
It was the Mayfield Consumer Products candle factory – one of the worst locations in the tornado outbreak — fell apart when a tornado struck it around 9.30 p.m.
- Deaths Confirmed After Tornado Hits Amazon Warehouse in Illinois The New York Times
- Deadly tornadoes slam through six states: Live updates CNN
- Workers Trapped After Illinois Amazon Warehouse Collapses In Severe Weather HuffPost
- Authorities now say it was a tornado that struck the Amazon warehouse in Edwardsville Belleville News-Democrat
- Tornadoes bring death, injuries, damage to several states Fox News
- View Full Coverage on Google News