Bangladesh government has allocated 4.09 Billion dollars for its military and defense expenditure in 2021. Bangladesh allocated 34841 corer taka in the year 2021 while it was 32974 corer in 2020. In terms of BDT, the 2021 military budget of Bangladesh is 5% higher than 2020 while in USD it’s just a 0.7% increase. Taka 1672.47 or 196.25 Million USD was allocated for development purposes. Taka 16817 corer or $ 1.97 billion was allocated for the Bangladesh army, 6330 corers or $ 742.78 million USD for Bangladesh Navy and 4743 million USD corers or 556.56 for Bangladesh Airforce in the 2021 military budget of Bangladesh.
1 USD = 85.22 BDT
|Catagory of military expenditure 2021||Taka in Thousand|
Ministry of Defence -Demands for Grants and Appropriations 2020-21
Bangladesh Military Budget in Billion US Dollar
- Bangladesh military spending/defense budget for 2021 was $4.09 billion a 0.7% Increase from 2019
- Bangladesh military spending/defense budget for 2020 was $4.06 billion a 6.8% Decrease from 2019
- Bangladesh military spending/defense budget for 2019 was $4.36B, an 18.03% increase from 2018.
- Bangladesh military spending/defense budget for 2018 was $3.69B, a 13.05% increase from 2017.
- Bangladesh military spending/defense budget for 2017 was $3.27B, a 0.81% increase from 2016.
- Bangladesh military spending/defense budget for 2016 was $3.24B, a 15.08% increase from 2015.
|Other Bangladesh Military Expenditure||Taka in Thousand|
|Buildings and structures||2752,45,84|
|Machinery and equipment||8977,10,54|
|Other fixed assets||25,58,18|
|Materials and supplies||12,00|
|Wages and salaries in cash||10483,88,69|
|Fees, charges and commissions||84,74,10|
|Domestic travel and transfer||45,00|
|Petrol, oil and lubricants||648,20,38|
|Travel and Transfer||249,43,50|
|Medical and surgical supplies||344,55,38|
|Public order and safety supplies||410,18,23|
|Printing and stationery||66,86,69|
|General supplies and materials||546,16,17|
|Professional services, honorariums and specia||391,04,27|
|Repairs and maintenance||1922,01,55|
|Public nonfinancial corporations subsidies||486,81,18|
|Social assistance benefits in cash||51,10|
|Employment-related social benefits in cash||3495,87,80|
|Current transfers not elsewhere classified||73,68,25|
|Current transfers for projects||37,00|