Sheikh Mujibur Rahman was a Bengali Nationalist and one of the most Influential politicians in South East Asia. After the Battle of Plassey and fall of Independent Bengal in 1757, he was the leader and Statesman man who successfully Declared the independence of Bengal after 214 years of foreign occupation.
He will be remembered to the Bangladeshi youths as a symbol of Courage, hope, and patriotism.The Name ” Bangladesh ” Written with the blood of 30 million Bangladeshi and our brave architect, great leader & the father of our nation Sheikh Mujibur Rahman
Sheikh Mujibur Rahman was born on 17 March 1920 in “Bengal presidency “ of “ British Raj “ currently Bangladesh.He was a statesman, a hero, and martyr who will be remembered in world’s history for his courage and as a modern founder of a 4000 years old Bengal civilization in 1971.
Dream of a United Bengal
Influenced by the political philosophy of Huseyn Shaheed Suhrawardy to create an identical Bengali nation-state in the world,
The Young Sheikh Mujibur Rahman campaigned for a united Bengal in the time of British Cabinet Mission . he risked his life and started a revolution in Pakistani occupied Bengal .
Historically people living in the ancient Ganges delta do not accept any foreign rule. Bangalee people have a strong nationalistic and fighting mentality to counter foreign ruler.Bengal was the center of Indian independence movement.Most of the armed and civil movement against British rule started in Bengal. So when British leave they made sure Bengali is divided under a communal line.Bengali leader Huseyn Shaheed Suhrawardy, Sarat Chandra bose, and young Sheikh Mujibur Rahaman opposed the idea and advocated for a united Bengal Proposal. in 1947 Bengal was divided between India and Pakistan.
Sheikh Mujibur Rahman worked passionately for a Bengali nation-state beyond any religious identity.
Many Cowards say many things about Bongobondhu – Before judge the great Leader Read What The world said about Him :
- Poet of Politics
- Newsweek magazine, April 1971
- I have not seen the Himalayas. But I have seen Sheikh Mujib. In personality and in courage, this man is the Himalayas. I have thus had the experience of witnessing the Himalayas.
- Cuban leader Fidel Castro speaking about Mujib during the Non-Aligned Summit held in Algiers in 1973.
- A man of vitality and vehemence, Mujib became the political Gandhi of the Bengalis, symbolizing their hopes and voicing their grievances. Not even Pakistan’s founder, Mohammed Ali Jinnah, drew the million-strong throngs that Mujib has attracted in Dacca. Nor, for that matter, has any subcontinent politician since Gandhi’s day spent so much time behind bars for his political beliefs.
- TIME magazine, August 1971.
- As long as Padma, Meghna, Gouri, Jamuna flows on, Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, your accomplishment will also live on.
- Anandashankar Ray.
- Sheikh Mujibur Rahman does not belong to Bangladesh alone. He is the harbinger of freedom for all Bengalis. His Bengali nationalism is the new emergence of Bengali civilization and culture. Mujib is the hero of the Bengalis, in the past and in the times that are.
- Egyptian journalist Mohamed Hassanein Heikal.
- In the thousand year history of Bengal, Sheikh Mujib is her only leader who has, in terms of blood, race, language, culture and birth, been a full blooded Bengali. His physical stature was immense. His voice was redolent of thunder. His charisma worked magic on people. The courage and charm that flowed from him made him a unique superman in these times.
- Journalist Cyril Dunn.
- In a sense, Sheikh Mujib is a greater leader than George Washington, Mahatma Gandhi and De Valera.
Sheikh Mujibur Rahman was born on 17 March 1920 in “Bengal presidency “ of “ British Raj “ currently Bangladesh.He was a statesman, a hero, and martyr who will be remembered in the world’s history for his courage and as a modern founder of a 4000 years old Bengal civilization in 1971.
He was the leader and Statesman man who successfully Declared the independence of Bengal after 214 years of foreign occupation.He was the first president of Bangladesh. He represents the century-old Bengali Independence movement and proud Bengali Nationalism
He will be remembered to the Bangladeshi youths as a symbol of Courage, hope, and patriotism.The Name ” Bangladesh ” Written with the blood of 30 million Bangladeshi and our brave architect, great leader & the father of our nation Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.