In the 13th Metting of (ECNEC) with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, The Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) approved a total of 16 projects, Involving 621 million USD equivalate to Taka 5,221 crore.
BNS Sher-e-Bangla : $128 Million :
The establishment of Bangladesh Navy Naval base in the District paotuakhali will cost 128.69 Million USD .Earlier in November 2013, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina laid the foundation stone of the BNS Sher-e-Bangla Naval Base The project was taken in a bid to turn Bangladesh Navy into an international standard naval force in line with the Forces Goal 2030 .
” The Base will will safeguard the independence and sovereignty of the country through resisting any attack from external enemy ”
———— Planning minister AHM Mustafa Kamal
The Naval Base would be set up at Lalua adjacent to Payra port under Kolapara upazila in Patuakhali. The Ministry of Defence, Bangladesh Navy and the Engineer in Chief Section of Dhaka Cantonment will implement the project by June 2021 .
Considering the existing number of naval bases, location and scarcity of manpower, directives are already there to set up a full-fledged naval command, naval bases with jetty facilities and a 150-bed hospital at Rabnabad in Patuakhali . necessary manpower has also been incorporated in the TO&E through which some 5,000 military and civil naval personnel will be included,
The other projects approved in the meeting are –
- DPDC Smart pre-payment metering 426.37 crore / 50 Million USD
- Protection of right embankment of River Padma 1,097.21 crore, / $ 130 USD
- The Disaster risk management enhancement project Taka 620.22 crore/ 73.81 Million USD
- Small irrigation development at Tangail and Kishoreganj Taka 139.01 crore
- Soil research and research f (SRSRF) 63.08 crore,
- Sheikh Russell Aviary and Echo Park 125.51 crore,
- Afforestation char areas in the Bay of Bengal with Taka 104.80 crore,
- Capacity strengthening of eof Chittagong Shah Amanat International Airport with Taka 540.52 crore.
- and Patenga in Chittagong with Taka 62.11 crore,
- Salna (Rajendrapur)-Kapasia-Tok-Mothkhola highway 224.24 crore,
- Mirpur DOHS gbus stand highway widening 146.17 crore
- ,Construction of seven bridges replacing the damaged Bailey bridges on Pagla-Jagannathpur- Raniganj-Aushakandi road and another bridge over River Abua on Niyamatpur-Tahirpur Road with Taka 141.25 crore,
- ENCOM building for modernization Taka 156.02 crore,
- Construction of Mujib battery complex at Chittagong artillery centerTaka 180 crore
- Establishment of Sheikh Lutfor Rahman Dental College and Hospital, Gopalganj, 112.82 crore.
You must log in to post a comment.